Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Igrill ambient temp?

I just bought the Igrill for my iphone and it comes with two probes for the meat. Can the second probe be used for the ambient temp of the dome?
·

Comments

• FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I don't see why not. I have the same device. Never used for that but I don't think you'd have a issue
    Boom
    ·
  • Yup.  thats what the second probe is for.  works great too!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,906
    yup.  Typically people attach them to the grill grate where the food is.  You don't want to use it when you're cooking direct - those probes won't last long over 400 or so F.  They're for indirect use - roasting, smoking, baking.  For grilling, rely on your dome thermo.  Calibrate it with boiling water.

·
  • I have an igrill and I like to take the dome thermo out and stick a probe through the hole from the outside of the egg.  Then I can easily see the temp in my house on my ipad.  Probes cut out at just over 400 though FYI.  No issues if using for low and slow.
    ·