Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

HELP !! First "Double" Cook - Pork Butt

pcheftinapcheftina Posts: 2

We've done a single and it was awesome.  Our next cook for a Pork Butt for pulled pork has to be a "double" as the grocer only had two 7 lb butts.  I know that it's an 8 hour cook for an 8 pounder, but how much time should I add for two?  Dinner will be at 7:30 (and I know it needs to rest for an hour).  HELP!!

Comments

• PS, we're kind of newbies only owning the egg since January.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,393
    edited March 2013
    Won't change anything. This is me doing two 8 lbs nitro butts

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148734/late-night-quickie#latest

XLBGE 
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    You know you could freeze one for later...and like Mr. said above it will not take any more time...one butt may cook a little quicker than the other one...
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,755
    As @vidalia1 notes-they will likely finish as much as a couple of hours apart so monitor both as you get close to the finish-line.  But freezing one if you don't need the volume simplifies the whole thing. FWIW- 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • I have done 2 shoulders each of the last 3 weekends at 225 on the grid. Bumped grid to 230 after 18 hrs. 16.5 lbs took 19.5 hrs to get to 200. 17.75 lbs took 23.5. 18 lbs took 23 hrs.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,393
    I'll never do another butt under 275. No reason to

XLBGE