Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

HELP !! First "Double" Cook - Pork Butt

pcheftinapcheftina Posts: 2

We've done a single and it was awesome.  Our next cook for a Pork Butt for pulled pork has to be a "double" as the grocer only had two 7 lb butts.  I know that it's an 8 hour cook for an 8 pounder, but how much time should I add for two?  Dinner will be at 7:30 (and I know it needs to rest for an hour).  HELP!!

·

Comments

• PS, we're kind of newbies only owning the egg since January.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
    edited March 2013
    Won't change anything. This is me doing two 8 lbs nitro butts

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148734/late-night-quickie#latest

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    You know you could freeze one for later...and like Mr. said above it will not take any more time...one butt may cook a little quicker than the other one...
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    As @vidalia1 notes-they will likely finish as much as a couple of hours apart so monitor both as you get close to the finish-line.  But freezing one if you don't need the volume simplifies the whole thing. FWIW- 
    Louisville
    ·
  • I have done 2 shoulders each of the last 3 weekends at 225 on the grid. Bumped grid to 230 after 18 hrs. 16.5 lbs took 19.5 hrs to get to 200. 17.75 lbs took 23.5. 18 lbs took 23 hrs.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,110
    I'll never do another butt under 275. No reason to

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·