Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Fiitting Brisket onto a Medium

Stopped by Wally World today to check out the briskets and they were huge, don't think they'd fit on my Medium.  Any suggestions or will I have to search for a "small" brisket?  Thanks!

• chad408chad408 Posts: 140
    Cut it in half

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I have used a big ball of HDAF or a fire brick or something to lay the brisket over so it will fit. Be creative....
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,654
    draped over a rib rack and if still to big line the sides of the egg with foil and just scrunch it in, it will shrink as it cooks. just make sure theres room for airflow on the two sides. put the thick end towards the hinge as its usually hotter there and the thicker end can take more heat
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,268
    Check out this post:

@R2egg2q used an inverted bowl to drape a brisket over on the small. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• victimvictim Posts: 23
    I cooked a 17 lb brisket on a medium. It was a shoehorn no doubt, but came out great. Don't under estimate these smaller sized cookers!
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,381
    Don't take this the wrong way, but how is a brisket from wal mart anyway?? I've always just passed on them cause other meat quality is terrible.

• If they are the excel brand briskets at walmart they are select or lower grade. I cooked several of them, some very good and some not so much. They are 2.59/lb here at wally world and a local butcher has choice grade for 2.79/lb.(last time he charged me 2.29/lb)....The choice briskets seem to be much more consistant for me. FWIW
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,381
    My Walmart has excel

• brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    I just picked a 10 lb excel USDA choice for $2.58/lb @ Walmart. Cooking it tomorrow.