Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I miss Village Idiot

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
With Gary not posting I have no way to use the "Flag" or "Off Topic" button anymore. Hope the buttons are still working. I need practice before he gets here a week from Saturday.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,492
    I would like to think I am tied into this group, bur obviously not.  VI never did anything but entertain me, and I don't know how the banishment happened.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    I would like to think I am tied into this group, bur obviously not.  VI never did anything but entertain me, and I don't know how the banishment happened.

Doc it was self banishment. He is coming to Salado and talk to him a couple of times a month.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

YEMTrey said:
    Maybe Centex will show back up and start posting again as well?!

Me as well. Talked to him today. Was signed up for Salado but did not make the connection it was the same weekend as South-by-SouthWest and had people coming.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,675
    Cen Tex was on a few days ago...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,135
    I must have missed that

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 860
    So, we aren't talking about Stike? Boy, I miss him. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    I always liked Stike on both forums. Wish he was back as well.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,418
    Miss them both.  (*sniff*) I learned more about egging and meat from Stike than anyone else, on or off the forum.

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,914
    Mickey said:
    I always liked Stike on both forums. Wish he was back as well.
    You liked him?!

He's found a new hobby. Working. I'm hoping to see him in the spring when Fred's Franks reopens. That is, if his wife will let him out of his office.
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    I miss him too, good sense of humor and a great cook as well!
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 569
    Is there some way we can make them come back?
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,196
    VI, Stike and Centex always had informative posts, sometime I had to reread Centex's posts to really get it, but always entertaining. On the plus side, there are some really entertaining newer folks here that are getting a little more time and attention....Ah, the circle of life. (queue music from The Lion King)
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,101
    Why did they leave?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,209
    I think most of the issues were between Tweeve, them, and the lack of enough moderation of the forum.

A real shame...
    That is indeed my SWMBO!

• Welcome Mrs. NOLA.  Nice post.  I'm honored to give you your first "Like".  Shhh!  Don't tell Wilma!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

Thanks Fred. 

At Salado, assuming Gary doesn't read this, or doesn't drink enough wine to forget that he did by the time I bump in to him at Salado, I'm going to (and remember he has no idea what I look like) say, "Hi Gary!  I'm Tweeve!"  I'll report back on the reaction. :D

Thanks Fred. 

At Salado, assuming Gary doesn't read this, or doesn't drink enough wine to forget that he did by the time I bump in to him at Salado, I'm going to (and remember he has no idea what I look like) say, "Hi Gary!  I'm Tweeve!"  I'll report back on the reaction. :D

Eh, he carries ( remember you are in Texas). Nobody better get shot at my Fest.

• Anybody pops a cap in my man, I'll take my lucky stabbin' knife and cut 'em like the Mississippi river (WIIIIIIIDE AND DEEP). Problem is, I keep forgetting to bring my lucky stabbin' knife... 
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @nolaegghead .... When I get on the forum my wife just rolls her eyes and gives me "the look". Somehow you get your wife to join. Whats the secret? Did she decide, if you can't beat them join them? Welcome @fleurdelirious.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

@shtgunal3 She's been lurking. Yaknow, checking up on me.  I gotta warn VI, she also carries.  Or, at least she used to.  As the youngest of 8 kids, she will put a beat down on anyone that tries to pop a cap in my ass, so be forewarned!

For Salado, I got my new bad-ass cooler yesterday.  Perfect for on-route sous vide. 

Pelican 45 qt (that's not me, VI)

• I DO NOT LURK! Don't believe him, boys (and perhaps girls). I only log on when he gives me the insistent "you gotta read this thread!" This is perhaps the 3rd or 4th time I've been on the forum on my own computer rather than reading what he's showing me. Looks like NOLA's gonna feel the sharp point of my lucky stabbin' knife real soon... @shtgunal3 -- I frequently roll my eyes when he's spending ridiculous amts of time on the forum, but as long as the fabulous food keeps rolling off the grill, my mouth's too full to complain.
  • You guys are killing me!! =))

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,312
    For Salado, I got my new bad-ass cooler yesterday.  Perfect for on-route sous vide. 

Pelican 45 qt (that's not me, VI)
    i will give you props if you mobile sous vide.  you can then sear on your manifold.  i like where your heads at
    C'mon babe.  Love ya.  Just can't resist a little hyperbole :D

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,196
    @Fleurdilerious welcome, reading the ravings of Nola for the past year, I truly understand your chosen handle, excellent choice. He always does have something of interest if not entertaining to add to the forum, thank you for keeping him safe and not setting fire to either himself or your home, enjoy the fest..
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.