Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

New Guy on forum

Well, not really new. I have had large egg for probably 6 years. I used to check out the forum (lurker) daily, but I think the forum was different back then. Anyway, I retired last week after 30 years with Alabama Dept. of Corrections and I plan to spend more time with the egg now. Cooked a couple of steaks last night using a version of reverse sear. Cooked direct on raised grid at 275 until 120 internal, then pulled, removed raised grid and opened up to 600 for sear until 145 internal. Great steaks. Hopefully the pics make it on.

• Welcome.  Congrats on your retirement.  Your steaks look delicious.  Lots of great info here.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,315
    Welcome aboard!  Steaks and pics look great.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,225
    Welcome aboard-and you already know how the BGE can impact your life.  Congrats on the new chapter in your life.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • pineypiney Posts: 675
    Welcome to the cult my friend. As Beancounter said there are a ton of info here. I am sure you will enjoy this forum, your cooks, and your retirement.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Welcome. Steaks look great!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Welcome, looking forward to more of your posts now that you have some extra time. 

Did you stay in Alabama? 

I'm a Oklahoma egghead myself.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome, steaks look great! Enjoy the retirement!
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,521
    JW welcome to this forum. I am betting you are talking several years ago checking the forum and that forum is still working, just not the corp forum anymore.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,593

Glad to have you. Hope to see/hear more of your eggspertise in the coming weeks.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,751
    Enjoy your time off well deserved!
    Seattle, WA
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,531
    Congrats on surviving 30 years of DOC.  I am a former LEO and I could never have dealt with what corrections guys had to put up with.

Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• RACRAC Posts: 1,551
    Welcome. Congrats on your retirement.

Boerne, TX