Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Not on my Egg

MickeyMickey Posts: 15,830
@TheOnion: "Why aren’t we supposed to eat another human? Maybe it’s just one of those social etiquette things."http://t.co/TY1cQbc7bf
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    That needs to be the last article that dude ever writes.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,250
    shtgunal3 said:

That needs to be the last article that dude ever writes.

You know the Onion is a satirical newspaper, right?
    ;)
    ·
    Is that another way to spell WRONG?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    I'm not following. The Onion is a joke newspaper. Always has been. I have a book with some famous Onion "headlines", like this:

While it is wrong, it is just a silly joke.
    ·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    You wouldn't want to put me on your egg anyway, I'd be like one of those bad pork butts you come across every now and then, way too much fat to trim :D

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
    I guess I'm an idiot. But it's still wrong.

·

"No problem!  Just do a clean burn while your guest is resting and the fava beans are simmering.  Don't forget to pour yourself a nice chianti!"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,316
    Well there are/were many cultures that cannibalism is the way of life. Our culture has defined all "men" (meaning both sexes) as equal and in death we show respect and reverence to the departed as they travel to the afterlife. They have to arrive with all their body parts or at least go through the process (cremation) as a whole being. 
    Hell, there are cultures that don't/won't eat beef, as the "cow" is either sacred or a friend you work with. 
    Dogs have been on the menu in many cultures, yet in our culture they are revered pets. 

The questions posed in "The Onion" although meant to be satirical, actually pose an interesting point of discussion. The concept of "soylent green" may not so far fetched in the future, the good news is it comes prepared ready to eat, no egg required. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,731
    Kinda related but did y'all see the poop steaks from Japan?
    Boom
    ·
    Here is link. I'm def eating human flesh before human poop. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/06/17/japanese-scientists-create-meat-from-poop/
    Boom
    ·
    @skiddymarker I lived in Philippines for 5 years. I was a kid but we ate some 'weird' stuff. Though I liked balut. Did eat rice from dogs stomach, don't remember it.
    Boom
    ·
    Skiddy, great sci-fi pull. Unfortunately, the future is here:

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951
    Humans are tough. You need to braise them. Need a big pot

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Have we stooped to this?  It brings a whole new meaning to MANGRATES
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951

Nice!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,308
    In case you missed this last November:

BEIJING — The online version of China's Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man Alive" – apparently unaware it is satire.

The People's Daily ran a 55-page photo spread on its website Tuesday in a tribute to the round-faced leader, under the headline "North Korea's top leader named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012."

Quoting The Onion's spoof report, the Chinese newspaper wrote, `'With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true."

"Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile," the People's Daily cited The Onion as saying.

The photos the People's Daily selected include Kim on horseback squinting into the light and Kim waving toward a military parade. In other photos, he is wearing sunglasses and smiling, or touring a facility with his wife.

An online editor for the People's Daily said Wednesday that the photo spread would be taken offline.

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,268
    So many things to say....I'll refrain.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,316

Nice!
    Mangrates no good for people prep, just like you said LS, you need a big pot - haven't seen one in the Lodge catalogue, will keep looking. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,894
    I've got an older cookbook called How to Serve your Fellow Man...

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·