Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disappointed in the popper stand from BGE

Just bought a BGE jalapeño popper stand and was disappointed when i got home.  The holes are way too small for the jalapeños.  Unless I like shove them in they just fall out.  Is that what I am supposed to do or are the jalapeños just too big?  Wanted them bigger so they would hold more stuff! :)

Comments

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I could tell they were going to be too small just looking at it.  I throw them on the grill and they don't lose much out of them.  No need for the popper stand.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    I agree with Sgt93. I cut them in half (boats) and still don't lose much.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    +1 on just throwing them on the grill, don't have room for another Eggcessory that only gets used a few times a year.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    +1 on just throwing them on the grill, don't have room for another Eggcessory that only gets used a few times a year.
    ++1
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    This is the only time I used a rack, its not the bge one but the holes are just as small. I like what the Ssgt93 and Mickey said and cutting them in half, you double the amount of food and they are easier to eat plus you can overstuff them which is kind of hard if you just core it out, especially if you use sausage or another meat to fill it along with the cheese mixture. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    centex uses his for an air gap under roasting pans and such, you may still get some use out of it that way.  i am a split in half kinda guy so i can get all the membrane out for the non spicy people.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191

The thing is just a "gadget" -  you want to use it, buy the correct size peppers.  I got one as a gift, otherwise i wouldn't have one..

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Have the BGE popper tray as well I stick a toothpick thru the bacon and the popper at tray level once I place the it in the tray. The toothpick helps hold the pepper upright and holds the bacon in place. I hope that made since

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    i got a few of those popper stands around here, havent used them since the first time i tried them.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq