Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight's Cook

Half a chicken, Dizzy Dust & a bit of baking powder. Yuengling Black & Tan @shotgunalimageimageimage
Clanton, Al LBGE
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462
    All looks good but your glass. Go Cocks!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • I'm offended!! Haha. Jk.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,453
    The Spouse loves Black and Tans.  Chicken looks good too
    :))
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,592
    Looks like you are off to a great start! Lets go gamecocks!! ;)
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    That Yuengling is some good shite, even in a Bama glass. I'd still throttle it
    ·
  • Aaaahahaha!! Roll Tide guys. I'm a humble Tider. Although I do have my trustee Bama hoodie on too. Makes the cook taste better I think!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Finished!!

Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
    image.jpg 1.9M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,944
    God that looks so good after the takeout crap I had to eat tonight, nice work.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Good job, looks great !!
    ·
  • I just simply cannot believe how juicy a piece of chicken is when it comes off of the egg. I for the most part cannot stand a piece of chicken unless it comes from an egg cook anymore. I was so depressed 2 Saturdays ago when we went to my brothers house and had to eat a piece of rubber from his gasser. I am not a chicken fan anyway. But the BGE is awesome. Even SWMBO gave a compliment tonight.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,857
    Looks very tasty!! I see you are cooking the gizzards, how do you attack them on the egg? I have always just seasoned them and cooked on top of foil. Good snack while waiting for the chicken to get done

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Central_Bama_EggerCentral_Bama_Egger Posts: 655
    edited March 2013
    @Mattman3969 Well I over cooked them this time, but i season the hell out of them. Then put them over the bricks I use to elevate the grid. Most of the time turns out great!! Fed them to the dog this go round. She was happy tho.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,592
    Great job, CBE! That looks excellent!! :)
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Hell yeah and Roll Tide!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Central_Bama_EggerCentral_Bama_Egger Posts: 655
    edited March 2013
    Forgot the 3 and left the o on your @shtgunal3 earlier. RTR

Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Food looks good, not a fan of the glass obviously but like the black and tan!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Beer looks good, food looks even better and the glass, well if you use your imagination the A can stand for just about anything.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    Direct, indirect, raised, temp? Do tell.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • @GquizRaised direct at 450.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    Looks incredible.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·