Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unpacking the egg.

So I feel like I might have been cinched by my dealer. What all are you supposed to get with a large egg?

I feel like I'm missing my ceramic feet, owners DVD and cookbook....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    edited March 2013
    the new ones don't have feet, the dvd is now just on the web site and you don't get a cookbook. I got my small in january and it was the same thing.
  • I didn't get any of that with mine.  Don't think you are supposed to unless it was some type of package deal.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    What color is your gasket? What size is your egg?

You for sure are not going to get a cookbook unless you bought one extra.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    My small I bought two weeks ago had DVD and feet. It was dealers last shipment of last model. Has a black gasket.

Newer ones will not have feet nor DVD as mentioned above.

XLBGE 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Feet and DVD don't come with the eggs anymore, cookbook is an extra purchase
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Well then. I guess I didn't get cinched. I think I got a new model with a grey gasket.

LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • MrCookingNurse
    No sir. You got the newest one. It will not have feet and DVD.

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    My lbge came with a yeti cooler...free. My large was $1595 but i scored a free yeti.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Do what? I was out the door with accessories for 795. What all did you get?
  • henapple said:
    My lbge came with a yeti cooler...free. My large was $1595 but i scored a free yeti.

Ha thats hilarious. As long as you got the Yeti all is good.

BTW to OP. Mine is a newer model. Didn't come with the feet or dvd. Although it did come with a small cook book.

• MrCookingNurse
    Ha sweet deal @henapple
    Those are the kind of cant pass up excuses for SWMBO

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I got a new Toyota with my Large. I had to finance it for 60 months.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey unless it was a Tundra it doesn't count. If it was a prius then you got ripped.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    The DVD info is available on line (most of it anyway) and you are not missing much anyway. The feet were never used for their intended design all that much, I do not know anyone who uses them under the egg, most are used under pizza stones as spacers so BGE quit including them. 

Your price sounds good to me, in the PNW a MBGE (medium) with setter, CI grid, bag of charcoal and some rubs/sauce is almost $750 tax included in Washington, maybe just under $700 in Oregon. (Could be here in Canuckistan where it is over $1100....)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!