Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Home cut carne asada cast iron griddle cook

SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,409
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
Sale at QFC on CAB sirloin tip roast so i picked one up. Didnt want beef stew or anything else decided to try and quick freeze then slice on the slicer for carne asada. No slicing pics but cut with dial on 2 (should have gone little thicker) marinated with orange juice, onion, cilantro and carne asada seasoning mix. Should have used more juice and lemon would have been nice.

Fired up the egg to keep the mess outside
. image

Started with the Woo but ditched it, I think that was a mistake more air may mean better fire and heat. Mickey any insight on this?

Scratch Made spanish rice, saw someone post about a sauce on the other forum so there may be some interest.

2 batches and this is what i got, not bad for $6 in meat
Could have been more moist but cant win em all. More juice and longer marinade would help.

Dinners up, even scratched the beans and pico .

Seattle, WA
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,049
    When did you learn to cook? . . . . . ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2013
    Mickey, griddle with or without woo? I pulled the woo since in the begining i felt it took a while to get heated  but think that killed my airflow hence fire not as hot even with vent wide open.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,214
    Lord have Mercy! Outstanding, @SkinnyV!!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,049
    edited March 2013
    I use the woo and do a larger fire. Same as I do when using the wok to deep fry with. It is a little higher but a little larger fire makes up for it. You nailed that meal.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    Agreed I had a light fire hence why I lowered... next time. Also no reason not to go big on the fire and get a higher heat threshold to play with.
    Mickey said:
    I use the woo and do a larger fire. Same as I do when using the wok to deep fry with. It is a little higher but a little larger fire makes up for it. You nailed that meal.

Seattle, WA
    ·
    Dyal_SC said:
    Lord have Mercy! Outstanding, @SkinnyV!!
    Gunnin for your Jambalya ... need to make one.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 839
    OK. Now I have to get a griddle. I thought I could live without it. ...
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Muy bueno...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    I'm trying to find a griddle for my small, after seeing this I am going to start looking a little harder! Looks great!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·