Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Home cut carne asada cast iron griddle cook

SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 1,478
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
Sale at QFC on CAB sirloin tip roast so i picked one up. Didnt want beef stew or anything else decided to try and quick freeze then slice on the slicer for carne asada. No slicing pics but cut with dial on 2 (should have gone little thicker) marinated with orange juice, onion, cilantro and carne asada seasoning mix. Should have used more juice and lemon would have been nice.

Fired up the egg to keep the mess outside
. image

Started with the Woo but ditched it, I think that was a mistake more air may mean better fire and heat. Mickey any insight on this?

Scratch Made spanish rice, saw someone post about a sauce on the other forum so there may be some interest.

2 batches and this is what i got, not bad for $6 in meat
Could have been more moist but cant win em all. More juice and longer marinade would help.

Dinners up, even scratched the beans and pico .

Seattle, WA

Comments