Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little cooking help for the weekend

Options
I have now spoiled my wife with the BGE ,last weekend I made some spare ribs and (I Killed them ) so now she wants something different this weekend the only thing is I don't have a DigiQ yet so I can only cook during the daytime I'm not ready for the over night cook yet

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    A spatchcocked chicken with grilled veggies is always a hit a my house

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    what matt said. Should be amazing

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    so I can only cook during the daytime I'm not ready for the over night cook yet...

Why? If not you can turbo a butt.
    Prime rib roast
    Stuffed chicken thighs
    Stuffed pork loin
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Wings are another easy, quick and tasty product off the egg. :)
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    +1 on the Spatchcock Chicken. Season the heck out of it. The skin makes me feel good.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    Options
    Okay I am totally being a jerk right now sorry I failed to mention I have done spatchcock chicken already I have been hearing a lot about this turbo cooking I need to look in to that one , wings sound awesome 2
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Ribeye's and ABTs

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    A nice beef tenderloin would be awesome as well but then again there is never anything wrong with a butt. If you go either turbo or nitro it is a daytime cook no problem

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Alright, I'm going to go out on a limb and please tell me if I'm completely off base.   I really think the only meat that absolutely needs an overnight 15+ hour cook is brisket.  Other then that, I think between all the techniques we have all discussed and shared with each other I think anything is possible on the Egg in 12 hours or less. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Options
    You can always do boneless / skinless chicken thighs.  They are great too.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • tech284
    tech284 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas I am going to go with the beef tenderloin with grilled veg. That should make the wife smile thanks again .I have created a monster .
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Beef tenderloin is a great cook and should make SWMBO very happy
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I still do my pork butts low and slow 275° for around 12 hours so no info on that but if you just want a awesome dinner I will put some links to some great food. Some posts are mine, some are others that I have made and all were great meals. 

Super Wings (these wing recipes are awesome, I like sticky wings on the egg better than dry ones)

Tri Tip Tutorial (tri-tip is hard to find in around me but is so good) 

if you have any questions about any of these feel free to ask either here or on the post itself. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    i think i would just go for the overnight and cook some pulled pork. light egg around 8 pm, stabilize it at 250 dome, put butt or picnic in at 11, set clock for 330 am, check it, wiggle the lower grate to remove some ash, drink a cold beer- you just worked so hard you just deserve it, go back to bed. pretty much all i do except im on the boat heading out to fish til noon then eat some pull
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Andymizunogolfer
    Options

The beef loin I did took about 1.5 hours. I seared both sides for 2 minutes. Dropped the temp to 350 and cooked it for 1 hour so so till it hit 150 internal.