Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flounder on Egg???

Anyone every tried cooking a flounder on the egg?  I love fried flounder but wondering how it would be and how you would go about doing it.

Thanks,
Casey

Comments

• Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    it would have to be wrapped in something (foil, bacon).  It's so delicate it would fall apart very easily. Another idea would be to blacken it in a CI skillet or griddle pan.  
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You can do it en papillote. I wouldn't try and grill it. Maybe on a plank if the skin is on.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Flounder is a very mild (lean) tasting fish, meaning it has very little fishy taste in it!  So you really have to be careful NOT to overpower the fish with anything strong, or over season it.  I like it filleted- bonesless -- if it is big enough, but it can be cooked whole -- you just have to pick thru the bones!!  Flounder is delicate and will fall apart easily, similar to snapper.  This is a great way to grill it and it is easy.  I go to the store and go to the produce department --  the idea is to get a selection of seasonal veggies to cook with the fish inside an aluminum foil boat!  Sweet onion,cauliflower,brocolli, yellow squash,mushrooms,canned white potatoes(sliced) -- what ever is seasonally available..   I make an aluminum boat that will hold the fish and veggies in one container -- sealled tightly.  Usually at least two layers thick.  Fish goes in first, couple of teaspoons of butter, then the cleaned and sliced veggies.  Slicing them will allow them to cook faster.  I usually make an individual boat for each person.  I cook direct, at gasket level 375 degrees.  Season with lemon pepper and seal tightly. I place them on the grill and as soon as i hear the sizzling noise, i mark my watch and continue to cook for thirty minutes.  Pull off - rest five minutes and serve being very careful upon opening because of the steam. A great meal..  
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.