I thourght i was doing an ok Pulled Pork (i am), but last week i tasted the Danish National (Weber) BBQ teams PP and BBQ sauce.
And.... damn that was good!!! More taste in the meat, more moist. And a fantastic nice bare, almost crispy.
So i have some questions for you all, also as im thinking of starting competitions (In Denmark / Europe) so i want to improve - i always do, thats the fun of smooking!
So for your - out of the world PP! Do you?
1. Do you have water / apple juice / apple cider i a pan in the egg during cooking?
2. Do you spray / mop the butt during cooking?
3. Do you wrap? (Does it influence the taste / moisture? I have the time to cook for 20 hours, so it should not be for a speedier cook, only to improve the taste / result).
4. Do you rub, and rest overnight before cooking?
5. Do you use oil (EVOO) or mustard before rubbing?
6. How much rub do you use? Sprinkle, or cover the meat totaly in a rub-sheet? :-)
7. What temp? I usealy go for 210-225 F in the dome.
8. What end temp? I have always pulled the meat from the smooker at around 196 to 199, but this guy told me they always cook to 208 F?
9. Do you add applejuice / vinegar when pulling the meat?
10. What is your go-to rub recipie?
Have i forgotten any question to achieve the best PP in the world?
Hope you seasoned egg-masters can give me some advice to improve my PP.
Yes the small european nation of Denmark has a National BBQ team (though they are sponsered by Weber), and have actualy had decent results at Memphis at May and "The Jack" (they have won best BBQ sauce in 2011, and have finished 3rd in chicken and exotic) - http://bbqlandsholdet.dk/ and have just won the "Gourmand" for best international BBQ Cook book.
Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)