Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Inspired by others....(pic heavy)

One of my favorite things about this forum is the ideas and advice given by other Eggheads. I've been seeing a lot of posts about stuffed pork loin so I decided to give it a go. I sautéed spinach with some EVOO, salt, pepper and fresh garlic. image image I also sautéed some shrooms with EVOO and Tony's. image image Added some provolone and wrapped it up. image Used salt, pepper, garlic, EVOO and Dill Weed on the outside. image Put on ID at 350 with some peach smoke and pulled at 140. image Next time I will double the stuffing. I wanted to go light in case it was an epic fail. :) image
image.jpg 924.7K
image.jpg 908.5K
image.jpg 841.1K
image.jpg 858.5K
image.jpg 965K
image.jpg 891.6K
image.jpg 744.7K
image.jpg 1.1M

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,177
    Wow looks great. How did the shrooms turn out?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • AltonAlton Posts: 445
    Looks Great!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,319
    Nicely done! Great presentation. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,690

I love shrooms. Mushrooms are pretty good too.

Looks delicious. Well done.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Man that looks so good!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,426
    Looks very good

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    Thanks all. Shrooms were awesome....if you like them. I love mushrooms so we eat them a lot. I posted this pic a few months ago and everyone responded that they had never seen shrooms in fajitas. Ha! image
    image.jpg 1.1M
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,995
    Looks exxxxcellent! :D
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 112
    I cheated and bought one pre-stuffed. Sorry, no pics of the inside.
    image.jpg 646.1K
    image.jpg 1.6M
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,567
    A definite  A for effort even if you think it needs more stuffing next time.  Good pics too.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Did you just slice it open down the middle or is there a special technique for cutting the loin to be stuffed?
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    Although butter flying down the middle is one route I have seen on recipes, I choose to cut in roll it to get it flat.
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Nice smoke ring too!
    Cutting it to lay flat is a learned technique. if you youtube it, you'll find a good tutorial. I wrap mine in bacon and when it shrinks on the BGE it holds it all together without the use of string.