Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So $399 for mini is pre-price increase?

Options
2»

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Talked out of the mini yet? I'm sure we can get plenty non bge owners to post how crazy a $1k bge is. Bottom line its fun and adds value if you use it, use ours 3-4days a week. A few inches here and there of grid space does not add much. I could have been talked out of it to if I read mini posts before hand, glad I didn't and followed what posters like mickey and others stated and showed with the product.
    Seattle, WA
  • waegger
    waegger Posts: 88
    Options
    you could get a smokey joe, the other forem thinks they are as good if not better then a mini.
  • Andymizunogolfer
    Options
    Wow 399 for a mini? I only paid $510 for a large. That is with a corporate discount though. I couldn't imagine paying 400 dollars for a mini.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    waegger said:
    you could get a smokey joe, the other forem thinks they are as good if not better then a mini.
    That is nothing of what they said. A couple of people talked up the Joe. If you bring up the  "other forum" please stay with the facts. Thank you and welcome to this forum. I do not remember seeing you post on the "other forum".  Welcome to this one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Wow 399 for a mini? I only paid $510 for a large. That is with a corporate discount though. I couldn't imagine paying 400 dollars for a mini.
    You would not pay $400 with a corporate discount.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Andymizunogolfer
    Options
    Mickey said:

You would not pay $400 with a corporate discount.

Well its kinda strange how my discount worked. They can only get one per lifetime. Also you could only buy a large. Although there are dealers where I live that sell the large for $630. $399 is a little high to me for a mini.

• SkinnyV
    Options
    I petition for a sticky thread for people to call out (complain) about the mini and its pricing.
    I was being sarcastic on the smokey Joe agreement.
    Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    edited March 2013
    Options

Paid it, its only paper....printed at that.

Seattle, WA
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    $375 in Toronto Canada was thinking of selling the gasser and getting a mini or a small 
    Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    @SkinnyV, hell, most of the time I don't even see the printed paper, 99% of the time it's just numbers on a computer screen.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Andymizunogolfer
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    I petition for a sticky thread for people to call out (complain) about the mini and its pricing. I was being sarcastic on the smokey Joe agreement.

I personally would have to look and find a deal on a small. If it were just my wife and I then I would search and find a deal on a mini. 399 to me is a little steep. To each their own though.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited March 2013
    Options
    SkinnyV said:

I petition for a sticky thread for people to call out (complain) about the mini and its pricing.
    I was being sarcastic on the smokey Joe agreement.

If you don't want to pay 400 for a grill then don't buy it bud.

Are you smoking something. Now your saying its just paper...

XLBGE 
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    I own the mini , I am taking about what happens every time we come across this question. Let's just sticky and be done with it.
    Seattle, WA
  • waegger
    Options
    hi mickey, i do not post on the other forum but i have learned alot from all of the good people there . on my first post i ment to say some not all of them felt the joe was as good as the mini and worth looking into, sorry if i caused any problem.  
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I highly suggest being friends with a dealer (or marrying somebody who is). my wife has been best friends with ours for 17 years. Its nice getting the family discount. I would not have paid over $300 (and the wife would not have let me). That being said, we love ours. Bout to fire it up in fact.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Scottborasjr
    edited March 2013
    Options

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    going to purchase the Mini tomorrow and take this beautiful thing with me, who could say no to her?
  • Mickey
    Options
    waegger said:
    hi mickey, i do not post on the other forum but i have learned alot from all of the good people there . on my first post i ment to say some not all of them felt the joe was as good as the mini and worth looking into, sorry if i caused any problem.  

Thank you. You are right in that we all can learn from both forums. Just at times something is said and sets up a battle, thanks for setting it right. Where are you? I am in the middle of Texas.

• waegger
    Options
    iam in washington st, glad to meet you. i bought a mini 3wks ago because of you and love it. it goes well with my large.
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @waegger how cool. You got those things called trees. We were in Bellingham 2 years ago and loved it... Trees are cool..... If I can ever do anything for you from this part of the world call on me.