Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just some Thighs

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,991
Found these thighs for super cheap earlier tonight. $3 for the whole pack. Dusted them down with some rub and grilled them raised direct at around a 350 deg f dome temp. Finished them with some Palmetto Juice toward the end. My brother lives near Savannah and gives me bottles of it every now and then. Some lady in GA makes it. It's awesome stuff... Not too sweet, has a nice kick, and it's nice and tangy. The skin on the thighs turned out nice and bite through. Sometimes simple is better. :)
image.jpg 786.4K
image.jpg 875.9K
image.jpg 671.2K

• Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    Loves thighs. Those look great!
  • jccbone62jccbone62 Posts: 199
    That looks good and I'll bet tasted just as good.  Nice!
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,423
    Looks real good!!

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Nothing wrong with a mess of thighs! Chicken is soo good on the BGE. We do those often and leg quarters too!
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 632
    Do you just baste them with the palmetto juice?
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,991
    Thx, guys! @bo31210, I like to get the skin nice and crispy before basting with sauce. IMO, if you baste too early, the skin isn't as good. I baste during the last few minutes, then brush on a little more when they are off the grill. :)
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 632
    Ok. Thanks. Going to be on the coast this weekend so may try and locate some to experiment with.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,689
    Look great Dyal. Love me some chicken thighs. Nice cook.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 348
    The thighs look great. That's my favorite part of the chicken.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,654
    Nice cook.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 2,844
    Looks delicious. My favorite part of the chicken also.