Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Woods for smoke....

Hello all. I have been a member for about 5 months now and a LBGE owner for 3. I can find the normal store bought chunks of wood, but they never seem to have the peaches and pecans.... Is there a site to order fresh wood of differenti types? Thanks in advance

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and soon to have Small

Wants: Thermapen, Adjustable Rig, Digi Q and more time...

·

Comments

• TonyATonyA Posts: 562
    I don't know if i'm paying through the nose or what here ..but I have always been happy with this place

·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Hi there,
    Don't know where you're located. But in the ATL, BTW, this is an endorsement - I've never met him but have purchased some of his wood through a friend.  I use Joe's BBQ Wood. He has Apple, Cherry, Fig, Hickory, Maple, Oak, Peach and Pecan.I think it's about $20 for a 5 pound box. I've bought two and loved them.  Nice chunks and packed in the boxes super tight. Great value and product! Email is joesbbqwood@yahoo.com, or www.joesbbqwood.com,
    ·
  • Cyclops42Cyclops42 Posts: 44
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the responses!!!

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and soon to have Small

Wants: Thermapen, Adjustable Rig, Digi Q and more time...

·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    Home depot is selling 10lb bags of pecan now. Picked up a bag last week.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I've ordered from fruitawoods and was very satisfied.
    ·
  • I found both Peaches Pecan and Oak at Academy Sporting Goods they usually have it in stock

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·