Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

GA Mt. Eggfest Cooks.......

egretegret Posts: 3,994
Received this via UPS today for the cooks. 150 custom mouse pads and a very nice gift basket from Fred Bernardo, aka "SmokinGuitarPlayer", of Tasty Licks BBQ Products fame (www.tastylicksbbq.com). These mouse pads will go in the goody bags and the gift basket in the drawing.

Thank you for doing this, Fred. We all appreciate it!

Comments

• Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 175
    Really looking forward to attending, and I'm bringing the fam too; will be my first eggfest. I think I may pre-order a mini, but was weighing that vs the small. Anyone know how much a small weighs? Looking for portability (beach, camping, tailgates, etc)
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • LitLit Posts: 2,368
    Small is 77 pounds loaded. I take everything out and its manageable probably 50 pounds or so.
  • egretegret Posts: 3,994
    Crispix49 said:
    Really looking forward to attending, and I'm bringing the fam too; will be my first eggfest. I think I may pre-order a mini, but was weighing that vs the small. Anyone know how much a small weighs? Looking for portability (beach, camping, tailgates, etc)
    I use my small when I do demo cooks at the dealer, but, I take the dome off before loading. I carry mine around in a homemade carrier shown below. I just lift the carrier with the egg (no dome) in and out of car. Personally, if I were going to use it like you're planning, I'd go with the small. I have both sizes, but, use the mini most of the time at home just for the two of us. The small will give you a lot more cooking area and is much more flexible.

Egg_Transporter.jpg
    567 x 557 - 77K
  • LitLit Posts: 2,368
    If you don't mind spending the money there is a aluminum carrier called the egg carten that is really nice. It has handles so its not akward.