Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BGE Lattice table (SS top) quality

As I live in Europe there is not much choice on BGE tables.

Any thoughts on the Lattice table BGE sells themselves ? There is also an option for a stainless steel top. Any experience with that version too?

Our garden furniture is all teak (Barlow Tyrie) It is not oiled nor stained as we like natural wear the teak becoming grey.

What about Cypress. If I do not finish cypress will it become grey as well?

Thanks for your kind advice and help :)
Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Mini and Large

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,550
    Cypress also gets grey if unfinished.  Unfortunately, it also stains very easily, so I'd recommend some kind of sealer, even if it's just an oil.

• mhoutmanmhoutman Posts: 39

Cypress also gets grey if unfinished.  Unfortunately, it also stains very easily, so I'd recommend some kind of sealer, even if it's just an oil.

The combination of oil and outside (rain/snow etc.) use is also not optimal. You have to repeat applying oil again and again and IMO oiled wood is also vulnerable for stain. At least I am talking about teak now, that is why we did not finish our garden furniture.

Still love to read about experience with this particular table.
    Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Mini and Large