Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Post. Been lurking and learning. Just finished my Table LBGE...Pics

First off. Thank you to everyone here! I have gleaned a lot of helpful info from this forum, both in constructing my table and more importantly... preparing meals for my family and friends. I have been missing out for many years regarding the tremendous food that comes out of the Egg!

Table is constructed of Cedar, stained and varnished. The top (27" x 60") is a free slab of granite which I cut the hole myself... (first time with granite and scared to death I'd crack it) The cover sold by BGE for their LBGE long table fits like a glove.
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,230
    Welcome aboard!!  Congrats on the great setup you constructed.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 513
    Nice looking table!
    Edina, MN

·
  • nice job! you have a temple to food right there. 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,560
    That's a beauty well done!
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,359
    Great job!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Looks great well done
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Welcome! Table looks great and score on the free granite! 

Where are you from? 

Looking forward to more of your posts. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Damn fine set up you got there.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    Great job!   Welcome.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,013
    Nice looking table
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • BryanLyleBryanLyle Posts: 28
    Outstanding looking table.  Great job and welcome!
    ·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    Looks fantastic. If you don't mind me asking what did you stain your cedar with?
    ·
  • DJKrageDJKrage Posts: 15
    Solson005 said:
    Welcome! Table looks great and score on the free granite! 

Where are you from? 

Looking forward to more of your posts. 

I am in the Chicago suburbs.

·
    sola said:
    Looks fantastic. If you don't mind me asking what did you stain your cedar with?
    Cedar is stained (one coat) using Varathane oil based "Light Walnut" and then given two coats of Minwax indoor/outdoor Helmsman Spar Urethane "Clear satin"
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    I love Chicago, I stayed in Naperville while I worked on a project at the FAA Air Traffic Control Center in Aurora. I got to spend four months there and spent just about every weekend in Chicago. Some of my favorite food spots in the country! Of course that was pre-big green egg so now that I don't have a perdiem account my eggs get more use then restaurants these days.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    edited March 2013
    Welcome! Your setup is amazing, and that table looks beautiful. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,275
    Welcome aboard! Your table is beautiful.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
    Solson005 said:
    I love Chicago, I stayed in Naperville while I worked on a project at the FAA Air Traffic Control Center in Aurora. I got to spend four months there and spent just about every weekend in Chicago. Some of my favorite food spots in the country! Of course that was pre-big green egg so now that I don't have a perdiem account my eggs get more use then restaurants these days.
    Naperville... more specifically is where I live. South end of town. How funny!
    ·
    Thank you for all the nice comments! 
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Everything looks awesome except that dad gum snow.
    ·
  • Thats awesome. I did a cheap treated pine table that works for now. I really wanna do a nice one like yours soon though.
    ·
  • SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 214
    Great looking set up!  I'd love to have that.
    ·
  • Beautiful table.  I will warn you though that I recently used a similar setup under my new egg using 4 small squares of stone instead of one big one.  The heat seeped through the cracks of the stones and burnt my table in the shape of a +.   :(
    ·
    Beautiful table.  I will warn you though that I recently used a similar setup under my new egg using 4 small squares of stone instead of one big one.  The heat seeped through the cracks of the stones and burnt my table in the shape of a +.   :(

Thanks for the tip. Since the photo's, I have raised the Egg an additional 1/4" by using the 3 green feet that came with the it. Notice there was originally 3 ... 1/4" pieces of ceramic tile creating an air gap. It now has a 1/2" air gap between the Egg and fire bricks. Do you think that will suffice or should I get a solid stone?

·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 174
    Very nice table.  I like that stainless steel storage unit next to it!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • YouEnjoyMyEggYouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 83
    edited March 2013
    DJKrage said:
    Beautiful table.  I will warn you though that I recently used a similar setup under my new egg using 4 small squares of stone instead of one big one.  The heat seeped through the cracks of the stones and burnt my table in the shape of a +.   :(

Thanks for the tip. Since the photo's, I have raised the Egg an additional 1/4" by using the 3 green feet that came with the it. Notice there was originally 3 ... 1/4" pieces of ceramic tile creating an air gap. It now has a 1/2" air gap between the Egg and fire bricks. Do you think that will suffice or should I get a solid stone?

You might be ok with that air gap in there.  Be careful of the stones shifting and creating larger gaps between the stones.  It may be best just to spend the $4-$5 and get a solid stone.  Sorry to say.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,795
    Great looking set up! Many happy years egging with your family and friends! Cheers! :)
    ·
    Scott805 said:
    Very nice table.  I like that stainless steel storage unit next to it!
    Haha! That is what it has become... although I plan to fire it up tomorrow for cedar planked salmon while the Egg takes care of the steaks! Tomorrow will be the first time the Weber is used as a grill since the Egg found it's way to the patio in October.
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    Looks great!!     What did you use to cut the granite with and polish the edges with?

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 768
    the finest yet! Cabinets with cubbys, very functional. I will incorporate lots of this in my next table for two, med and small or mini.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·