Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Woods for smoke....

Hello all. I have been a member for about 5 months now and a LBGE owner for 3. I can find the normal store bought chunks of wood, but they never seem to have the peaches and pecans.... Is there a site to order fresh wood of differenti types? Thanks in advance

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  Adjustable Rig, Digi Q and more time...

·

Comments

• TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I don't know if i'm paying through the nose or what here ..but I have always been happy with this place

·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Hi there,
    Don't know where you're located. But in the ATL, BTW, this is an endorsement - I've never met him but have purchased some of his wood through a friend.  I use Joe's BBQ Wood. He has Apple, Cherry, Fig, Hickory, Maple, Oak, Peach and Pecan.I think it's about $20 for a 5 pound box. I've bought two and loved them.  Nice chunks and packed in the boxes super tight. Great value and product! Email is joesbbqwood@yahoo.com, or www.joesbbqwood.com,
    ·
  • Cyclops42Cyclops42 Posts: 48
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the responses!!!

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  Adjustable Rig, Digi Q and more time...

·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    Home depot is selling 10lb bags of pecan now. Picked up a bag last week.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I've ordered from fruitawoods and was very satisfied.
    ·
  • I found both Peaches Pecan and Oak at Academy Sporting Goods they usually have it in stock

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·