Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Party que modification

Options
Well I did my first over nighter last week and the party que battery die. Lucky me it was shorty before I checked on it and did not really affect the cook. Well tonight I added a input for a 6 volt plug in on my party que. sure someone will tell me how I could do it better but now I can us batteries or plug. Here's a few pics. Let me know what u guys think

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks for the pics. I tried to do that mod to mine, but I see why mine didn't work - I didn't make the right connections. Doh! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't know why they didnt put this feature on it in the beginning anyways
    caliking said:

Thanks for the pics. I tried to do that mod to mine, but I see why mine didn't work - I didn't make the right connections. Doh! 

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options

Nice mod.
    The partyQ has never made any sense to me.  Where would you ever cook where there isn't electricity?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

Nice mod.
    The partyQ has never made any sense to me.  Where would you ever cook where there isn't electricity?
    Is there Interweb sarcasm on this. My top 5 places to take my small, reason I boight it are very far away from plug ins.

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
     I second MCN's comment. Not everyone cooks on the patio,right outside the kitchen. I have cookers spread around my property - not every cooker had a power outlet  handy until 2 months ago.  

I like that the partyQ runs on batteries, but it is frustrating to run out of juice on an overnight cook while you're catching some z's. The AC adapter mod takes care of that problem. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    Options

Nice mod.
    Also I have started to do some cookoffs and not all of them supply power and I dont have a generator. So the party q is perfect but you would think that they would have added a way to plug it in too. I would not be surprised if they add this feature in the future.