Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Razorback

Went to Fayetteville, Arkansas yesterday to watch our Hogs beat Kentucky in basketball - to celebrate, we went by the local meat market and bought a couple of "Razorbacks" - bone in rib eyes:

Tonight I egged them - first, the sear:

Five minutes seared each side, then raised the grid (no picture - it came out too dark to post)
After another 10 minutes each side took them off:

And plated them with some eggplant parmesan: 

Wonderful way to celebrate!!!!!
photo.jpg 114.3K
photo.jpg 118.1K
photo.jpg 160K
photo.jpg 135K
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,179
    Wow. That sums it up.........
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,249
    Nice lookin' chops!!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,956
    Agree with Mickey. Wow. Well done
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Looks amazing.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    =P~ those look great!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • LDRLDR Posts: 188
    edited March 2013
    Looks great!  Now I'm hungry again...
    ·