Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saw this new Top Vent someone designed for the egg -- not a bad idea for the manufacturer

Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum

Our Stainless Steel fully adjustable Vented Caps are the perfect replacement or upgrade for your Big Green Egg. Our SS vented Caps will fit the medium, large and extra-large Big Green Eggs and offer many advantages compared to the original cast iron cap. If you are replacing a broken or worn out cast iron cap or simply looking for a high quality upgrade with greater functionality and built-in advantages at a better price, then this is what you need.

Our SS Vented Cap is Stainless Steel (304 grade), the same material used by Big Green Eggs for the lower vent, and like the lower vent it will not rust or break like cast iron. The two piece venting design will maintain its setting (vent opening) when opening and closing (will not swivel open like the cast iron cap or fall off) your Big Green Egg top. This will help prevent flare-ups or temperature surges from the vent accidentally opening when you open and close the Big Green Egg top.

The Stainless Steel vented Cap is a cost effective option to the cast iron cap and it’s durability and functionality make it even more economical. 

I am used to the original cast iron unit, but this solves the rain water problem.

·

Comments

• Link?
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,792
    Company?
    Boom
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Click on the learn more link below the picture.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks like a good replacement and it also doubles as a rain cover
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • LoggerLogger Posts: 234
    @JohnInCarolina...
    That's funny right there...
    OKC area  XL - Medium
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,244
    All joking aside, these do look pretty cool. I like that the vent will stay in the same place when you open the egg. That always bugs me about the Daisy Wheel.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,347
    Not a bad idea. Here is the link guys http://eggware.net/Stainless-Steel-Vented-Chimney-Cap.html

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191

John,

Just line the screw head with your "setpoint" by turning the entire assembly -- stays right there!! 

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    edited March 2013
    Should have called them ManVents.
    MANVENTS
      =)) =)) =))
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·

John,

Just line the screw head with your "setpoint" by turning the entire assembly -- stays right there!! 

When the wheel is closed and you're just playing with the petals, sure. But not when the wheel on top is partially open and offset from the screw.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Look, line the two screws up by turning the entire assembly with the opening you want to operate and it will stay on that setpoint..
    ·

Look, line the two screws up by turning the entire assembly with the opening you want to operate and it will stay on that setpoint..
    But I really want to buy the manvents...

·
  • probe1957probe1957 Posts: 213
    A solution looking for a problem.
    ·