Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BOGO butts.

I was walking through the store today and that had a sale for buy one pork butt, get the second free. Ended up with a $16 bone in picnic for free. Paid 18 for the first one.
Mark Annville, PA
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    Score!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    @cortguitarman I think I got you beat!
    image.jpg 1.7M
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    You seriously paid 28 cents for that?!
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    RLeeper said:

@cortguitarman I think I got you beat!

I'm confused by the label. A 1/4lb butt won't feed many people. You could make a butt burger out of it!

Obviously a misprint. Is that a 22 pounder for $.28? If so, that's crazy!

Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • @Rleeper Obviously it doesn't weight .22 lbs. I'd like to know how much it does weigh and figure out the price per pound.

Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
    It was a mistake by my local Sam's. I actually did the right thing and took it to the meat manager. He thanked me and gave it to me at that price. Weighed it when I got home and it weighed a little over twelve pounds....two bone in Butts in the pack!
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    @rleeper...I wasn't going to call you out but GOOD FOR YOU (doing the right thing that is).  Honestly seems to be a lost art now a days.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Central_Bama_EggerCentral_Bama_Egger Posts: 655
    edited March 2013
    A tad over 2¢ a pound. Not a bad day shopping for you. Bet they'll taste even better too!!

@cortguitarman , I'd pass out if I saw a BOGO like that around here. That crap dont happen.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    @RLeeper. You deserved it at that price. Good for you for telling the meat manager. If others were marked the same, you just saved Sam's a bundle of money.

@Central_Bama_Egger My wife usually rolls her eyes when I talk about meat sales. This time she asked if we should buy more than 2!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Aahahaha
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
    Thanks guys. I frequent that dept so it only felt right... Going to taste better than the regular priced ones!
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,269
    I clonked this lonk only because "BOGO BUTTS" sounded intriguing... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·