Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BOGO butts.

I was walking through the store today and that had a sale for buy one pork butt, get the second free. Ended up with a $16 bone in picnic for free. Paid 18 for the first one.
Mark Annville, PA
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,404
    Score!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    @cortguitarman I think I got you beat!
    image.jpg 1.7M
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    You seriously paid 28 cents for that?!
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,016
    RLeeper said:

@cortguitarman I think I got you beat!

I'm confused by the label. A 1/4lb butt won't feed many people. You could make a butt burger out of it!

Obviously a misprint. Is that a 22 pounder for $.28? If so, that's crazy!

Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • @Rleeper Obviously it doesn't weight .22 lbs. I'd like to know how much it does weigh and figure out the price per pound.

Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
    It was a mistake by my local Sam's. I actually did the right thing and took it to the meat manager. He thanked me and gave it to me at that price. Weighed it when I got home and it weighed a little over twelve pounds....two bone in Butts in the pack!
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    @rleeper...I wasn't going to call you out but GOOD FOR YOU (doing the right thing that is).  Honestly seems to be a lost art now a days.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Central_Bama_EggerCentral_Bama_Egger Posts: 655
    edited March 2013
    A tad over 2¢ a pound. Not a bad day shopping for you. Bet they'll taste even better too!!

@cortguitarman , I'd pass out if I saw a BOGO like that around here. That crap dont happen.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,016
    @RLeeper. You deserved it at that price. Good for you for telling the meat manager. If others were marked the same, you just saved Sam's a bundle of money.

@Central_Bama_Egger My wife usually rolls her eyes when I talk about meat sales. This time she asked if we should buy more than 2!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Aahahaha
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
    Thanks guys. I frequent that dept so it only felt right... Going to taste better than the regular priced ones!
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,888
    I clonked this lonk only because "BOGO BUTTS" sounded intriguing... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·