Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed ork loin time and temp???

I'm doing a stuffed pork loin. I'm planning indirect at 300-350. How long will it take to get to 160 IT? Other time and temp suggestions welcomed. Thx.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,655

Here's a great recipe (I change it up a bit-no pine nuts)  but the cook is indirect at around 350*F and takes about an hour.  I would remove at no more than 140*F.

http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php Check out the other info on the site-good eats.

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 565
    Thanks @lousubcap. I was hoping it wasn't going to take more than an hour and a half.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,854
    I second the 140 IT. I used to do the 160 but I didn't know what I was missing. A lot of cookbooks still recommend 160 for a finished temp on pork but I read somewhere that 135-140 was totally safe and have been doin that since and I am still alive and kickin

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 107
    Was coming here to ask the same thing actually, thanks!

Mine is stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeño, what about you?
    ·
    I'm doing spinach, provolone & mushrooms. Will post pics later...please do the same.
    ·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 107
    Will do. And Que, not sure if you have an adjustable rig (or any else please chime in) but will you do your raised indirect, or use a different setup?
    ·
    I don't have an AR...I use 4" X 4" stones to do "raised direct" when the need is there (spatchcock, ect). I did this normal indirect.
    ·
    Posting pics under new discussion...
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,276
    Yum, stuffed orc!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·