Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Raised Indirect Turbo Pork Butt... I've got everything crossed

The last pork butt I did was not raised nor indirect nor turbo and it came out fantastic.  I've finally figured out how to do a raised indirect without an AR or Platesetter.  I'm using my pizza stone with a drip pan on it and then using the drip pan to hold the 2nd grate and then my pork is on there.  I've got it going about 275 (I calibrated last night).

Last night I sprinkled the Big Green Egg maple seasoning on the meat (same as I used last time).  This morning it came out of the fridge before I went to workout.  Just went on about 11:30am.  I'll wrap it at 160 to push it through the stall. 

I'm crossing everything as I hope this creative setup works.

(I've taken pictures, I'm just trying to figure out how to post them.)
Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,053
    Sounds like a great audible-enjoy the cook.  For the future-to keep drippings from burning during a cook use something to create an air gap between the drip pan and indirect surface.  BGE feet (if you got them with the BGE-they are disacontinued with newer eggs) or some hardware nuts, bundled foil etc-anything to get the gap. 
    Louisville