Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

St Louis question

henapplehenapple Posts: 13,966
Bought a slab of spare ribs and had the butcher cut them into SL style. What can i use the remaining meat for?

Also one week ago i thawed a prime rib roast but ran out of time to cook it. How long will it hold? It's wrapped in Saran wrap.

Thanks.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    cut up the skirt and cook it the same as you do the ribs. Now you have rib tips. We also put the rib tips in with our baked beans. As far as the rib roast, it may be too late. how long was it thawed before last week?
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,966
    It thawed Tuesday
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    The rib roast can ride for a while. Unwrap it and let it sit for a couple more weeks and bam, you got dry aged goodness. Cook the tips along with the ribs great snack they do cook quicker though.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,082
    edited March 2013
    Another option with the flap meat after cooking with the ribs is to use in ABT's-great flavor. The flap will cook quicker than the ribs so keep an eye on it-toothpick test works well to determine when finished.  WRT the rib roast-either get into the dry aging as mentioned above or let your nose be the guide and go for it.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,245
    I always throw them on with the ribs... I like to smoke them up on a small piece of foil to keep them from falling through the cracks. I use the smoked tips for baked beans all the time... Also, if you throw them into a slow cooker with pinto beans, it flavors them very nicely.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·