Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar Planked Salmon

Options
A little bit of the Pacific Northwest in So Cal tonight. Cedar planked salmon with honey/Dijon glaze. Followed the recipe from The Big Green Egg Cookbook but cooked for 23 minutes at 400 degrees dome. 15 minutes does not quite get it done and even at 23 or 25 the fish is not overcooked and is moist as all get out. This recipe is a keeper. The weather is warm enough to enjoy the meal outside wearing shorts and t-shirt for the first time this year. How do my sons friends know to show up just as the fish is coming off the Egg? That's o-k. Their compliments to me are like applause to an actor, or laughter to a comedian.
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Nice cedar plank salmon, always a treat. A few years ago, started using a 50/50 mix of lemon juice and olive oil, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Here in the pacific north west it is so cool. wet and windy we enjoyed some crock pot chile because even the dog will not go outside... Hope you enjoyed your salmon..
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • vettes2
    vettes2 Posts: 50
    Options
    A favorite of ours as well. We like it with thinly sliced garlic and Kosher salt on top.
    Put on foil then on top of plate setter. 250 for an hour using hickory and pecan.
    In OKC the best Salmon is key. Only a couple of Mongers that are restaurant 
    suppliers.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    jfarley said:
    A little bit of the Pacific Northwest in So Cal tonight. Cedar planked salmon with honey/Dijon glaze. Followed the recipe from The Big Green Egg Cookbook but cooked for 23 minutes at 400 degrees dome. 15 minutes does not quite get it done and even at 23 or 25 the fish is not overcooked and is moist as all get out. This recipe is a keeper. The weather is warm enough to enjoy the meal outside wearing shorts and t-shirt for the first time this year. How do my sons friends know to show up just as the fish is coming off the Egg? That's o-k. Their compliments to me are like applause to an actor, or laughter to a comedian.
    Wish I were wearing shorts and eating outside. It's cold here in Atlanta!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • chris123stock
    Options
    Looks good, have you ever tried sliced peaches? Slice them cover with olive oil and grill them on the salmon.