Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I must be an idiot

Options
It's 27 degrees and snowing and I worked all night yet I'm outside with a 7lb bone in turkey breast on my LBGE. It has been thawed out for a day or two and I didn't want it to ruin so I decided when I got off work I would throw it on the egg. I rubbed it down with DP Tsunami Spin and threw some cherry wood on for smoke . This is my first time for poultry, tsunami spin, and cherry wood. I have it @ 400 dome and hope to pull at 160. It's a good thing I have beer. For a lot of you folks 27 isn't cold but I'm a Bama boy and damn its cold to me.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Options
    Lol.. I hear ya. I will be smoking the same thing later today. Its looks good so far, hope it turns out great for ya.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    27 & snow in Alabama. That must be a pain. But that's why Eggin' something is smart. Like a ray of sunshine. Trust me, I'm sitting at 24, waiting for the snow to start, and have a picnic ready to go on. For early March in No. Indiana, that's like a vacation to the south.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Pulled @ 0830 @ IT of 165. It's a good thing SWMBO woke me up. I wrapped in foil and told her to put in the refrigerator in a couple hours and I'm going to bed. It looks really good and the juices were really pouring out when I removed the maverick probe . Goodnight.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Sounds good, and after working all night -- you need to kick back and relax, a few beers and unwind !!  Nice job on the turkey breast...
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Very nice sir!!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    Options
    Yesterday, I picked up some stuff for meatloaf.  When I got home I said maybe we'll just go out to eat since it was so cold.  An hour later, I had the meatloaf rockin away at 350.  27 certainly is cold for this area, but I just tried to remember back to my Connecticut days, and suddenly it wasn't that bad.  Even broke out the Red Ryder and plinked some cans!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I wish I lived somewhere that 27 degrees was considered cold ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Even broke out the Red Ryder and plinked some cans!

Coolest thing I have read on here in a while. Wish I still has mine!!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    All sliced up an ready for a sammich!
    =P~

• shtgunal3
    Options
    And finally the pic