Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Logger's Rex

Started with a 1 7/8" thick Prime Rib Eye from a local butcher.
Poured a generous amount of Low Sodium Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning and brought to room temperature.

Setup the XL with a Craycort Cast Iron Grate  (4 - 90° Grates) put one right on top of the coals.
Another one up on the Craycort Grid.  This allows me to sear really hot and then rest, then finish the steak without having to aggressively cool the egg.

Sprayed the grate with Pam and threw that bad boy on for 20 seconds.  Turned 90° for another 20 seconds.

Turned it over and repeated the process.

Took it off for a 5 minute rest and closed in the egg to start bringing the temperature down a bit.

Place steak on the upper grid for about 7 more minutes or so until the Maverick read 125°

Let rest 7 minutes because that's all we could stand...sorry it's the truth. And, plated.  I wanted to use real plates but, the wife told me I would have to
do the washing and drying so....Ok, paper is good with me too.

Almost forgot to take the last picture...Almost too late as well.
OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs

Comments