Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New to the forum

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking for the past few months and have decided to buy an LBGE as soon as I have funds saved up.  I am in the Upstate of SC and work for a custom seasoning blend company so I have a full scale lab at my disposal to make my own rubs and marinades which is nice.  I am curious as to if anyone can tell me about any NC or SC Eggfests where I could pick up a demo egg.  I can't wait to get it and begin the infatuation!

Fort Mill, SC
·

Comments

• solasola Posts: 118
    edited March 2013
    Welcome Meathead, from a willing
    Guinea Pig....

Where you at in SC? Lived in Newberry for a little while
    ·
  • Thanks Sola

I'm in Indian Land which is right at the NC/SC Border just south of Charlotte. 

Fort Mill, SC
    ·
  • WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Welcome!
    ·
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 133
    edited March 2013

You're about 3 hours from Hiawasee, GA.  Site of the GA Mtn Eggfest, mid May.

http://www.mountainegg.com/DemoEgg.php

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Welcome to our little world.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,057
    Welcome!! I got my egg from the GA Mountain Eggfest as well. Beautiful drive up that way.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,184
    Welcome from the "westest" most coast of Canuckistan - always room in the asylum for one more!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Welcome Meathead!  When I saw your your name, I thought your avatar would be Rob Reiner or Carrol O'Connor!  My wife's family is from Tryon, NC in the border country between the Carolinas.  Once you get your Egg, your BBQ and grilling will never be the same.  It will be infinitely better.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    A big Alabama welcome to you Meathead.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • SWATSgtSWATSgt Posts: 21
    edited March 2013

I live in North Carolina just north of Charlotte where I-77 and I-40 meet. As for buying an egg my father-in-law lives in North Augusta SC and he picked mine up and delivered it to me from a local place down there. I got a LBGE, nest, bag of lump and a few other items for cheaper then I could find just the egg with in a two hour drive from here. If you would like the name of the place I will call and get it for you. Oh and if you need someone to test anything for you I will gladly drive to Charlotte and pick up the samples     ;)

·
  • pineypiney Posts: 449
    Welcome Meathead, I live in Lenoir, N.C. about 65 miles up 321 from you. Good luck with all your cooking adventures and your rub creations. Maybe we can get meet in person someday, I ride my motorcycle in that area a lot. Good Luck and Good Cooks, Gary Woods
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome, hope you can find one soon and join in sharing your cooks
    Glad to have you on board!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,518
    edited March 2013
    Welcome Meathead, let the good times begin. Yeah, find that egg man and just get into the madness. :))

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Thanks everyone.  Much appreciated.  SWAT's, I'd love the name of that place since I am through the Augusta area quite frequently.  Piney, I have family in Lenoir :)

I'm going to check out the GA Mountain Eggfest, doesn't seem too far from Clemson so it might be an good opportunity to get back to "Gods Country"! 

Fort Mill, SC
    ·
    Good Deal Meathead, I probably know them or someone who does I have been here all my life and my wife says I know everyone in town. Good Luck on Egging everyone on this forum are very, very, helpful and will give you great insite on your cooks. Keep in touch, Gary
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • SWATSgtSWATSgt Posts: 21
    edited March 2013

I'm working dayshift today so I called father-in-law, but he did not answer. I looked it up online and then asked my wife. She said the name of this place sounds right but she was not for sure. So it would at least be worth giving them a call and seeing what price they quote you. I looked for about 3 weeks before they told me about this place. .Laurelwood Equipment. 803-278-0200

·
  • cdees_1993cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    edited March 2013

Thanks everyone.  Much appreciated.  SWAT's, I'd love the name of that place since I am through the Augusta area quite frequently.  Piney, I have family in Lenoir :)

I'm going to check out the GA Mountain Eggfest, doesn't seem too far from Clemson so it might be an good opportunity to get back to "Gods Country"! 

Check out Fireside outdoor kitchens on Broad Street in Augusta.  Talk to Greig.  He gave us a great deal on a package.  You can also check out their website.  Great people to deal with.  Their website is http://www.firesideoutdoorkitchens.com/
    Hope this helps!  He is very knowledgeable.  They also have great cooking classes every tuesday of the year.
    ·
    Meathead check out Big Al's Trading Post in Cramerton, N.C. (just north of you on 74) or Gastonegghead on this forum he has Reliable Appliance Center in Gastonia you might hook up a good deal. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    OH BOY, OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED !!  A professional rub maker on the forum!!  Free rub test kits for EVERYBODY !!!  You will probably get a raise or payed overtime for just using your egg --  what a job!! 
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,391
    Welcome! Share a link to your rub site? You might get busy at work.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·