Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cold Night Comfort Meatloaf

It's about 35 here in Alabama, so I figured a hearty meatloaf would be good. Just your basic meatloaf, meat, bread binder, egg, onion, bell pepper, and DD Cowlick. Put it on at 300, although I may bump that up to 350. I chose to go with the jack Daniels Barrel Blocks for a little smoke. I only put one on because I know Oak can be overpowering. I hope I didn't make a mistake with that wood choice, but I just got them today and had to give it a go. I have used the chips before, but these are blocks cut from the barrels. You can even see the curvature of the barrel in them, and the burnt side of the barrel will rub off on your hands. IMO, much better than the chips. We'll see how it turns out.

Comments