Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Question

So one of the things I miss not having is my little green space savers that the old Eggs had....The new Egg I got yesterday doesn't have them anymore....What would be a good setup for pizza?

Platesetter legs down, grate and then what should I put to make sure the stone heats up evenly ad spaced properly?

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,625
    Plate setter legs up, grate, stone.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • rlewrlew Posts: 5
    I have found I like the crust better without the stone. Using just the plate setter with legs down and the grill grate the crust gets nice and crispy. I bake just my crust about 5 or 6 minutes in the oven at 375 and then add all the pizza toppings and then place on the BGE at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I do PS legs up. grid, extended grid, stone.
    Hi54putty said:
    Plate setter legs up, grate, stone.
    +1
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $