Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin with Black Berry Sauce... pics

2»

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Bookmarked. A lot of cool ideas/recipes here. It all looks great!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • @Kosko. Awesome, that is great. Aren't these Eggs wonderful. :D
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 143
    Think you can substitute fresh black berries for the jam? A touch more sugar perhaps?
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,799
    I think that would be fine. It will depend on the berries. You may use less of the sauce, or more, depends how it turns out. Good Luck let us all know how ya made out. K
    ·
  • dprudpru Posts: 9
    @Solson005 yes on the rub, here it is

2tbs of eve
    2 tbs of chill powder
    1 tsp of brown sugar
    1tsp of salt
    1tsp of black pepper

Didn't use any wood chunks for smoke. Try it and let me know what ya think.
    What do you mean by 2tbs of eve?  On my list for this weekend.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Evoo extra virgin olive oil is what I took it to mean. @dpru
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • dprudpru Posts: 9
    That's what I thought but didn't know if it was an obscure spice I hadn't heard of.  Thanks! @Solson005
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    @dpru that's what I used and it was fantastic. So if it is something unusual it is just fine without it.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • This is the absolute best way to make a tenderloin... My brother in law found this recipe from you and now everyone in my family makes this weekly!
    ·
  • @piper1974 Ive been off the grid for a while. Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the thumbs up.
    Have a good one.
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 14,597
    @smokesniffer‌- Brother you knocked that one out of the park!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • @ SGH. THANK YOU SIR. Coming from you is a great complement. Enjoy the day
    ·