Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Butt in Progress

7+ lb boneless pork butt (miffed about the boneless part but oh well)
Dizzy Dust
Apple Chunks

-Start: 10PM EST Friday evening - stabilized @ 225 when I went to bed at 1AM. Internal was ~100
-Woke @ 7 AM to 213 grid temp & 155 internal
-Tapped the bottom of the charcoal grate with the ash tool, opened grate, temp came back up to 300, then dampered back down to 244 as the internal came up to 172. - took about two hours to get to that point, and I've been sitting at 172 since then, with a rock steady 244 grate temp.

Fully aware that I'm in the stall. Just excited about it, and figured I'd check in!
Tucker, GA - LBGE

• Sounds fun sir!! I gotta get an over nighter under my belt. Maybe next weekend. Got a butt in my fridge.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,653

Great to hear that the cook is matching your eggspectations.  Sounds like you have it under control to the eggstent you can with any hunk of meat.  Enjoy the journey and welcome aboard.  Great eats at the finish-line

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 660
    edited March 2013
    Awesome keep the updates coming. Looks like you got it under control.

Texarkana, TX

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    "Stalls" are always interesting -- because they are all different.  "PATIENCE" is the word!!  Enjoy your end result.  And i don't think "bone in" or "boneless" make much difference...
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Good luck. Where are you in Tucker?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA