Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dome alignment

If you are looking my egg, small on I put together today, the dome sits to the left and back.

Which nuts control that? I've loosened it and wiggled it and made it worse. Now it's just slightly off. Any suggestions?

XLBGE 

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Half way thru this post is a video showing you everything you need to know

Thanks boss

XLBGE 
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    If you get bored sometime watch other videos that guy has on youtube. The Soft closing lid and the rotisserie one are pretty amazing. 

When I flipped the hinge and changed gaskets on my small last week I just got all the nuts started but not tight, aligned the dome then tightened down the hinge and then the bands after. I watched so many videos and read posts I couldn't tell you who's info I ended up using, but they all were helpful.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,326
    @solson005
    Yea the video was good but I don't wanna cut ad add washers. Don't think that's necessary yet. I put it together really fast so I could cook on it last night. I'm loosen everything and just try wiggling a little more.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,326
    @solsoon005
    wow that guy is creative and has some free time!!

XLBGE 
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Yeah the shims is a little overkill but is one way of doing it. I spent one night watching all of those videos until I saw he converted a egg to gas then I quit and went to bed. Lots of free time indeed. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 625
    @Solson005 Thank you for videos. I am going to adjust mine today.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX