Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Pergola Coming Soon!

2»

Comments

• shuckershucker Posts: 324
    thanks for all the compliments folks.

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

Large & Mini Max Big Green Eggs

·

well, we're almost there.  Today, we got the roof on, finished installing the hangers, and got the privacy wall 90% done.  I've got a little bit more trim out to do and then it will be on to the fun stuff...lighting and sound. I went with a polycarbonate roof panel in smoke color, which is basically a tinted shade of clear.  It lets light in, but not a tremendous amount and it shouldnt show dirt and grime as much as pure clear. 

pergo.jpg 1.2M
    pergo2.jpg 1.2M

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    @shucker

So, I hear you are building these for beer, I will fly you out to Michigan, take you Musky, Large mouth Bass, Small mouth Bass, Walleye, and even Sturgeon fishing and we can build one of these yes?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Do you have kids and a job? Frack you are productive! I have been thinking about this for a year. I would probably end up buying the materials and then thinking about them for another year and then end up paying someone to do it! Great job.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • DeckchefDeckchef Posts: 40
    I used the clear roofing and have no yellowing after almost two years. Hopefully I don't!
    image.jpg 2.2M
    ·
    edited March 2013
    @shucker

So, I hear you are building these for beer, I will fly you out to Michigan, take you Musky, Large mouth Bass, Small mouth Bass, Walleye, and even Sturgeon fishing and we can build one of these yes?

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

·
    Always wanted to go to Michigan!

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

·
    double said:
    Do you have kids and a job? Frack you are productive! I have been thinking about this for a year. I would probably end up buying the materials and then thinking about them for another year and then end up paying someone to do it! Great job.
    I do have a kid and I actually have 2 jobs.  This has been on my to do list for a while and I finally got motivated enough to dedicate time and get it done.  I've had 2 guys helping me and we usually start around 7 in the morning and finish up about 530 in the afternoon, so we've put a lot of hours in.

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

·
    Deckchef said:
    I used the clear roofing and have no yellowing after almost two years. Hopefully I don't!

Thats great to hear, and definitely makes me feel better. 

Shucker

Eastern North Carolina

Go Pirates!

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That clear roof looks great - wouldn't go here due to mildew and sun, but gives great light.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I have read that the new polycarbonate sheets don't yellow like the old stuff did.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great! Your going to love it once you get to relax and do some egging!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • FearlessTheEggNoobFearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 515
    edited March 2013
    I hate to break this to ya, but you built your pergola upside down.
    Deckchef said:

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,059
    that's a good looking pergola. It will help keep the adjacent rooms a bit cooler too.
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    Guys, I know this post is old, but a buddy of mine is making something similar and wanted to know what the clear plastic roofing was called. Thanks.

Jason

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892

Guys, I know this post is old, but a buddy of mine is making something similar and wanted to know what the clear plastic roofing was called. Thanks.

Jason
    Perhaps this:

or this:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·