Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Where My Egg Lives

solasola Posts: 118
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys, want to share my project with you guys. About 10 months ago we bought a new house. First project was back porch.
Before, Pretty bare canvas:
My favorite part of the entire project, had the kids put their hand prints when we poured countertops:

Working on landscaping now that duck season is over...

• SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,747
    Wow, awesome set up there. Nice work.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 5,188
    That is a totally usable area now!!! Looks great

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Incredible! That is the perfect setup. What kind of countertops are those?
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,381
    Thanks for posting man. Looks amazing! You don't duck hunt do you?? :-?

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice job, fits right into the original layout -- nice touch with hand and paw prints..!
  • Only to be you!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • solasola Posts: 118
    edited March 2013
    Thanks guys, we love it. Kids will eat breakfast & watch cartoons in the mornings out there. Believe it or not, only time I have ever lit the gasser is after I plumbed it. Use the burner a ton, gumbo's & wok cooks. Figured the gasser will be for burgers & dogs for parties.
    Wilt, cement countertops. Me & some buddies poured them. Had one guy who knew what he was doing, we all just had sore backs & hangovers for a couple days.
    MCN, that obvious???? Haha!!!
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Thats really nice! I bet you use that all the time. Looks great against the house too! Great touch with the handprints. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Cuda1965Cuda1965 Posts: 49
    That's a great looking set up you got!
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,381
    Solson005 said:

Thats really nice! I bet you use that all the time. Looks great against the house too! Great touch with the handprints. 

Yea you did an awesome job making it go with the house. Great hangout spot

• AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 1,049
    Incredible! Love it, looks good. Starting back deck when the snow starts to go  away, I only wish I could have a bar like you have there! Very nice...
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,240
    Sweet set up! Many happy years enjoying it with your family and friends! Cheers!
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice place to egg and enjoy friends and family Love it!
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,517
    Sorry to rain on your parade. One glaring problem: Not enough EGGs showing =))
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Bookmarked. Mind if I copy parts of it for my back yard?
    Really nice!
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,115
    Jscott said:

Bookmarked. Mind if I copy parts of it for my back yard?

Really nice!
    Lol.. even if he said no.. Do you really anticipate him coming to your house anytime soon? there is no way of him even knowing if you copied parts.
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,176
    That's awesome congrats on the amazing setup
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,022
    Beautiful set up!!!  Congrats!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,593
    Beeyoootiful. I am jealous. Well done.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    @Mickey, I have already checked out how to fit a small. I have a plan... You multie egg people are a bad influence!!!

@Jscott, my royalty contract is in the mail...

@BYS1981, somebody has to be the guy deciding on satellite pics, right???
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for all the comments. We really love it & use it all the time. I cook at least 3 days after work out there. Was finished towards the end of football season, can't wait for Sept!!!

Who Dat!!!