Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I finally cooked a great pork loin!

OK, I know, no pictures and it didn't happen. Well, let's just pretend. I brined a 3.5 lb boneless pork loin in water, olive oil, Meyers perserved lemons, onions, garlic, kosher salt, and oregano for 24 hours. Cooked direct, raised grate, at 325 with maple chips to 140. It was so tasty and moist. The best one I have ever cooked. Thanks for reading.
Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Brine - check, spices - check, not overcooking it like so many people do to pork - check.  Sounds like a winner - I don't need to see no stinkin' pictures to believe it happened. ;)
    Thanks!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314

Congrats on the cook-and if you posted it then it happened.  Now for a variation on the pork loin check out this link-

http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php I change up the stuffing but comes out a winner everytime-may be a trade-off for level of effort between the brine and the slice and fill. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Lousubcap, that sounds awesome. I copied the recipe and will hone up on my knife skills.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Your knife skills will be just fine-youtube has a few demo slice/and dices for this cut but if I can do it anyone can.  I skip the pine nuts and have lined with bacon (always a winner) and proscuitto (sp?) on occasion.  More fun preping and cooking than consuming for me.  But I'm in for the journey!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.