Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Wins again!!!!!

Options

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    August132005.jpg
    <p />
    A whooped, burnt & crispy but happy Nature Boy.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    102DegreesF.jpg
    <p />Thank you max and everyone.... and Congratulations to you and your team on your top 10 placing.... it's always great hanging with y'all.[p]Hot, Hot, Hot! Just plain Hot! I won't be leaving the house all day.... well, maybe just to pick a few tomatos but that's it.[p]See you in two weeks, pal.[p]John[p]

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    drbbq,[p]That's fantastic news! Congrats to the DizzyPig team, one and all! [p]Tonia
    :~)

• wfd146
    wfd146 Posts: 36
    Options
    Jeez, when are you going to let someone else win for a change? You better be careful, Congress may start testing you guys for steriods![p]Mike

• Lard
    Lard Posts: 3
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Congrats,[p]You are BBQ Master.[p]
    Lard

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks. The Free Rangers had a great weekend with a strong 9th overall of 38 teams...including a 4th in ribs. They worked as a two father two daughter team...first I have ever seen![p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    The calls take longer to get up to Canada ;-)

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    stike,
    We had PA (Patron Anejo) and JDSB (JD Single Barrel).[p]And in this heat, moderation was critical to life! Sure was good though.[p]Thanks for the kind words.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks, Nekked,
    Who's got time to write? LOL
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • The Virginian
    Options
    drbbq,
    Congrats to my buddies the dizzypiggers! You all really understand the meat and what it takes to make it good time after time. Yankee BBQ and Free Range have already started a desparate plan to derail the dizzypig juggernaut when we all get to New Holland ( or at least slow it down a notch). You all are going to be like Tiger Woods and make everyone that competes with you better. Congrats mangs! [p]Brett[p]

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Yo Sepp.
    Thanks man, but we are just not the "sir" type! We are just a few guys workin hard, having some fun, and happening to get the right judges.[p]Naw, we've not won four in a row. But we have been fortunate enough to win 3 of 4 KCBS events this year. It was the Dizzy Pig North that won in Canada.[p]Hope you are well man. Thanks again.
    Chris[p]PS, I want to do your home made raging river sausage you told me about. Think it would work with deer meat and rib trimmings?? What kind of fat should I add?

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    ThoseAffectionateCanadians.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]Let's be real!![p]Truth is....[p]Now that you've taken a courageous stand, and banned this type of shameful activity between team members,(while at Competitions)[p]you guys are ...."EN FUEGOOOOOO"!![p]I think it's like the "No Relations before a Fight" rule!![p]
    Evans[p]
    LMAO!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Dr_Redwine
    Dr_Redwine Posts: 189
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    If you are going to use deer for sausage, trust me, you want to add PORK FAT. I'd hunt down some fat back. Deer is too lean for anything else. Living in Alabama, we know a thing or three about deer.
    DrR

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Chris and the rest of the Dizzy Pig Team,
    I am stunned and amazed. I'm speechless. I will be using Ragin River on my Ribs and Cowlick on my brisket ... any tips for a fellow compeitor trying to uphold the Dizzy Pig name? I don't feel that I'm worth .... LOL. Seriously ... if you don't mind passing on a few secrets ... presentation, matching sauces or anything ...it would be greatly appreciated. Madison Ribberfest is now up to 57 teams and I want to do the DP name proud. Feel free to email me if you want to keep it on the QT.[p]Congrats on ANOTHER Grand Championship ... fabulous job! Keep up the good work ... I can't wait to meet the whole team the ATL Eggfest.[p]Doug
    Smoked Signals BBQ

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Chubby,
    Please don't post that picture again.
    LOL Unsavory.
    Cheers man. Goin back to bed now!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • The Austrian
    Options
    Hey Chris,
    "sirs" or not, you guys are doing just great.
    Had a wonderful time in Austria and are now back in the Joisey heat.
    I would concur with Dr redwine and use porkfat (fatback or such)[p][p]Sepp[p]

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2005/messages/212851.htm[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Wow. I never saw that picture. INCREDIBLE! My backpack is packed. Can I get "beamed over" please??[p]Good to hear your trip went well. This heat bites![p]So, rib tip trimmings, venison and pork fat should get me some good sausage? I really look forward to making my first batch. [p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    is fatback a fat from a certain area of the pig? [p]Thanks for the tips. I really look forward to making some fun sausages...but I am sure it'll take some practice. [p]Back to bed...man, I am totally beat!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Smoked Signals,[p]It is now 67 teams.[p]Dave

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Thanks much. Appreciate it!![p]Secrets? Well, we do have a few little secrets, but those are, well, secrets. If I email them to you, they are not secrets! I do have some things that I can share that I think will help. I posted them in response to Molly's question regarding our unexplained sudden success. You can find them at the link below![p]Look forward to meeting you as well. Best of luck in Madison!!
    Chris

[ul][li]Secrets?[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • YankeeBBQ
    Options
    Hey Brett,[p]Jack McDavid is on board too. When I was leaving he told me where he grew up if you can't beat em then BEAT EM. LOL. See everybody in a couple weeks.[p]Steve

• Nature Boy
    Options
    YankeeBBQ,
    Jack seems like a trip. Look forward to hangin some more with this guy.[p]Just remember, I aint never been in a fist fight, so my skills there are unproven. But try holdin me down! LOL [p]Watch out for Hatch too. He'll put a hurtin onya, and Woo's forearms are like Popeye's. [p]See you in PA! Travel safe. Congrats for a nice finish this weekend, and thanks for being the perfect neighbors.
    CHris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    YankeeBBQ,
    no, you got it wrong. .. . remember what you and i talked about yesterday. . .. [p]if you can't beat em . .. .CHEAT!!!!!!!. ..LOL[p]good luck in new paltz this weekend. . . see you in new holland. .. [p]and thanks again for sharing your cold air, it was a life saver!!!

• drbbq,[p]What a great weekend!!! Congrats go out to the DP team who just didn't want to be in a draw for their chance at the Jack so they just went out and won all the contests in Maryland! Another of your competition class students, Randy and Marla Twyford (Ulcer Acres) qualified as well for the Jack and will go as the Kentucky State Champion. They are soon to be Eggers. [p]See you in both KC and Lynchburg,[p]Dave

• Co-Bro-Q2
    Options
    Outstanding job in winning #3 this year for the south Dizzy team !!! I'm ready to see you guys go against the field at the Jack (surely you will get a draw?). Got to love those rubs and the team CHEMISTRY !!![p]Cheers !!!
    Kirk[p]www.co-bros.com

[ul][li]http://www.co-bros.com[/ul]
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Way to go, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just got back from Hotlanta, so I'm just catching up on everything. Dizzy Pig is on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!![p]All the best,
    Jim

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks Dave. So cool we'll get to hang wit you twice this year! Congrats to you and Ulcer Acres!![p]See you soon.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • YankeeBBQ
    Options
    Hope to see you there
  • Co-Bro-Q2,
    We are in the Jack. But remember, last year we were around 50th place of 62 teams in three categories![p]Thanks Kirk.Good luck to yall.
    Chris

• Hi Steve,[p]I would love to do this contest again as we sure had a great time last year. It's a great contest on a wonderful site but the best is all the great folks that cook in this event. If my cooking partner could have cooked in this event, I would sure be there. It's a long haul for us at about 1300 miles round trip but well worth it and I do plan to try to make it back next year. It was just great hanging around with you and your dad and all the other great folks at this event and we will do it again next year but you folks need to just cut us some slack so we could maybe win enough money to get home! [p]Dave