Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs - Will it work this time?

2»

Comments

• rtt121rtt121 Posts: 420
    daffy1909 said:
    Chapsz28 said:

I used the the foil method a lot this past summer...  Usually using Triggs method.. or apple juice and brown sugar...    However..  I've had way better success smoking them without foil for about 4 hours or so..sauce them up for the last hour.   Way better flavor in my opinion... never had an issue with them not getting as tender as we wanted... Fall off the bone or just slightly before.

what temp were u running????
    This is the same IME. I have done 225 275 and 350.. All came out great and the only real difference was time.
  • CapndikCapndik Posts: 7
    I'm hijacking your thread, since I've been using all day as a guide!

Made my own rub, instead of brown sugar, I sent turninado through the Vitamix to get a fine powder.

Rubbed them, put them on the egg at 250 for 3 hours. A handful of Apple wood, and a couple hickory chunks.

Pulled them of at 3 hours and placed in a large foil pan. Hit it with a bottle of apple beer, covered tightly.

I'm going to let them go an hour in the pan, then I'll put them back on the rack, sauce, and cook another hour.

image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 709K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 747K