Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoking Chicken Quarters

Havana DaydreaminHavana Daydreamin Posts: 11
edited 1:43PM in EggHead Forum
Could someone give me an idea of what temp and how long I should smoke chicken quarters on the egg. Also, should I cook indirect due to the drippings from the birds?
·

Comments

• Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    Havana Daydreamin,[p]Do you mean smoke or grill? Either way, I do them direct but raised. I smoke them for two hours at 250 and then finish them for a few minutes at 300. I grill them at 300 for an hour [a half hour on a side].

·
  • Prof Dan,
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I am smoking them.

·
  • Havana Daydreamin,[p]Check out this post. Used indirect set up w/plate setter. More details are there..[p]
    [ul][li]Smoked Thighs from Friday[/ul]
    ·
  • Havana Daydreamin, i cooked some chicken quarters at 300* for 3 hours used some pecan smoke but not to much had a problem getting them off grill they came apart on me also used indirect with a drip pan good luck

·