Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Appetizer ideas for the mini

My fly fishing club is making our annual trip to Louisiana in a April.  There will probably be 12 guys there.  There aren't any restaurants around so We'll probably have to take our dinners.  I'm thinking about lugging my mini down there to cook some appetizers.  I need some apps that cook fairly quickly over direct heat.  I'll need to make them up ahead of time.  Something like marinated meat(satay) on a skewer.  It needs to cook quickly because there isnt much room on the mini.  Any ideas?

Comments

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    cut up some venison or whatever meat you have wrap it in bacon and cover in bbq sauce of your choice. Put it in a bag until you are ready to cook
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491

This is an old favorite recipe that is always a hit.  I just made this for a party the other night and I had some left over and threw the already cooked left overs on the egg to reheat and "oh my",  it just got better and will now be my new way to serve it.  I think it fills all your squares.

Beef Teriyaki

1      lb            fillet, sliced thin or sirloin flap steak
       1/2  cup           chopped onion
       2      cloves        garlic cloves, crushed
       4      Tbs           soy sauce
       2      Tbs           oil
       2      Tbs           low sodium dales sauce
       2      Tbs           dry sherry
       2      Tbs           brown sugar
       1/2  Tbs           black pepper
       1/2  Tbs           Montreal steak seasoning
       2      cans          water chestnuts

1. Mix all ingredients except steak and water chestnuts. Wrap each chestnut
    in a of steak, use toothpicks. Pour mixture over steak and marinate in the
    refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

2. Broil 4 inches from heat 2-3 minutes.

Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    both sound good.  With chestnuts I'd be getting my daily serving of vegetables. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    They old turtle eggs would be quick and easy. I use the pre patty sausage, cheese your choice, jalapeno and rub of choice. Man food. The mix could be made beforehand. Shrimp skewers could be made ahead of time and cook quick. Have fun....I'm jealous.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    Thanks henapple......I'll add those two.  The shrimp skewers sound especially good.....and quick!