Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pepper Stout Beef Question

Ok, got some folks coming over for dinner tomorrow, I got my Rain Getter Off Mod done on my table, and forcast for the NW is not terribly rainy.

Question, for those who have done this recipe, stupid question, was it spicey at all from the pepper? I have a little one who doesn't like spice at all.

So here is the menu:

- Pepper Stout Beef
- Twice baked potatoes on the egg
- Grilled Pineapple with Pineapple head on it.

Strawberry Sorbet for dessert from the Vitamix.
·

Comments

• GezrGezr Posts: 153
    Just leave out the jalapenos and the bell peppers have no heat and peace in the family! Great dish, good luck.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 877
    @gezr, is it still peppery? I know stupid question.
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    When I cooked that dish (but with Ale), I cut the jalapeño back from 3 large (seeds & all) to one medium (no seeds & deveined). It wasn't spicy to me & I can't handle much heat. As for the bell peppers, if your concerned about the bell pepper flavor being strong it isn't that strong. I found that there was less bell pepper taste than eating a pizza with bell peppers or eating raw or sautéed bell peppers. The long cook time seems to mellow them out.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 877
    @R2Egg2Q, thanks for the help, I am going to go for it with no jalapenos.
    ·