Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Recalibrated BGE Thermometer

I'm a new owner, about 2 weeks, and have been reading a lot on this web site.  I decided to test the accuracy of the thermometer that came with the BGE.  I boiled a pot of water and put about 1/2 of the stem in the pot, being careful to not touch the metal of the pot.  It came up about 10 to 12 degrees F. low.  I  held the nut on the thermometer with a pair of pliers and twisted the dial to get it back to 100 degrees Celsius and tested it again.  Now it is right on 100 degrees C or 212 F.  I can't wait to try another Boston Butt. 
Columbia, SC

Comments