Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Stone?

I finally got me a large pizza stone tonight and I was wondering if i had to do anything to it before I use it. I know I need to wash it but do i need to season it?

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    I didn't. Just cook on it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    DO NOT use soap on the stone.  Clean it with hot water and a stiff brush.  The stone will season just like a cast iron skillet or grill.
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 336
    Thanks for the replies. I guess i will get to try it out this weekend.

Cleveland, TN.

·
    @bo_mull just curious, but where do you live.  What state?
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 336

@Duganboy Cleveland Tn

Cleveland, TN.

·
    @bo_mull I knew it man.  I'm from KY and we say, I'm going to get "me" a sandwhich or a beer or whatever.

The rest of the country would just say I'm going to get a beer, but guys like us would say I'm going to get me a beer.

I knew you were from my neck of the woods as soon as I read your post.
    ·