Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Travis Brisket

Hi,

I am thinking of doing a brisket Travis style and I have a few questions. I am doing a brisket point - my local butcher carries them. If we are eating them in sandwiches, how much should I get per person considering weight lost during the cook. We are feeding six people - how many pounds should I pick up? Would 3 lbs suffice?

I will only be doing a point, so I won't need as much liquid as Travis' recipe since his is for a packer. What would you recommend eye-balling in? Maybe have the meat half submerged in the liquid - does that sound right? Or should it be more or less than that?

I live in Canada so I can't get Allegro hot and spicy. What can I substitute? Has anybody used something different - either mix of ingredients or a store bought sauce/marinade? 

Comments