Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Pig 1st Timer

Just bought my 1st batch of DP Dizzy Dust. What should I put it on 1st????
Clanton, Al LBGE
·

Comments

• Pork tenderloins

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448

Baby Back Ribs or a brisket

·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    +1 on the pork tenderloin
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i would do anything pork!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • So are y'all saying it goes best on pork??? Hahahaha. Jk. I also bought my boss some. Maybe I'll get a raise.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I like it on beans and taters too.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • I'm also in love with grilled/roasted potatoes. So that's a fantastic idea.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    Pig shots!
    ·
  • captjocaptjo Posts: 59
    Popcorn! Sorry, I gotta be different
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,404
    Use it like Frank's Red Hot. You know the rest....

·
  • Plano_JJ said:

Baby Back Ribs or a brisket

Ribs Yes, Brisket NO, Dizzy dust is great on pork, I'd go with Cow Lick or Raising the Steaks on brisket JMHO
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    I cut my knee one time and caked Dizzy Dust on it. The next day the cut was gone. :^o
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Aaaaaaahahabahaha!!!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,916
    Pork or Chicken.  Like @SmokinDAWG82 said I'd prefer something a little more beef centric for brisket.  Their coffee based rub works great on brisket in my opinion. Think it's called Red Eye Express, but can't get to my seasoning cabinet at the moment.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    Baby backs!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • I'm All about some coffee!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I'm All about some coffee!!
    CBE   Slice some potatoes with the skin left on.  Douse them with EVOO and  a liberal dusting of dizzy dust.  Put them on a cookie sheet or in an alum pan on the egg around 350-400.  Turn once and they are great.
    ·
  • Man. That does sound good.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Man. That does sound good.
    If you have one of those perforated pans, those work great for getting a little char.  One of our grocery stores has the alum pans with holes in them for like $1.
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    I like Dizzy Dust on anything pork related but I also love it on some potatoes.   I love Red Eye Express on my Brisket!   
    ·
  • I'm gonna do ribs tomorrow for lunch. Gonna try it then. Prob grab a bag of taters and slap some on there too!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·